Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the ambiance that guests have when coming into your Gaithersburg home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Gaithersburg, give them a call at 202-810-6722 or plan an appointment online to consider all the selections for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.