The cold season is fast approaching in Gaithersburg and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often increase. There are several things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Gaithersburg winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella KC experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Gaithersburg.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Gaithersburg a call at 202-594-3979 or check out our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.