In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a wonderful way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your household. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 202-594-3979, visit our Gaithersburg showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.