Fall is coming quickly in Gaithersburg, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Gaithersburg a call at 202-594-3979 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!